Before or after thunderstorms, Chicago’s golfers can relate their experiences for nine holes or 18 holes of playing golf. (It is not a good idea to do this during thunderstorms.) Orally or in written form, golfers can use conjunctions to relate their experiences.
- “While playing Edgebrook Golf Course, I saw several deer,” Fred said.
- “You will need to add a one-stroke penalty to your score because your ball landed in the canal,” Leroy reminded Greg.
- John asked Jasper, “After you hit your drive, did you see those horses near the fourth hole’s teeing ground?”
- The ranger declared to the foursome, “You need to play faster because there is too much of a gap between your group and the group in front.”
- “Whether you drive or take the bus does not matter to me; I will meet you at Billy Caldwell Golf Course at 4 p.m.,” Karl stated.
If you encounter raccoons or coyotes while playing Chicago-land golf courses, do not pester them. You should not break off the leaves of low-hanging, Weeping Willow trees even if they block your line of sight because this would improve your lie, and this is a violation of Rule 13.2. Although motorized golf carts provide shade and improve golfers’ performance on hot, summer days, the fees to use these carts is at least $20.
Although deer roam freely at Edgebrook Golf Course, the third hole at this golf course features a sharp, right dogleg, not a sharp, right deer leg. The third hole is par four and 352 yards from the white teeing ground. Total yardage from the white teeing grounds is 4,567 yards.
This diptych displays different views of the sanitation canal at Evanston-Wilmette Golf Course’s, seventh hole. Golfers who hit their balls into this canal will certainly be unable to retrieve them. In addition, they will incur at least one-stroke penalties.
Chick Evans and Horses
Horse trails run through and around Chick Evans Golf Course. At the fourth, fifth and sixth holes, golfers are most likely to see these horses (with riders) trotting along. Since fences separate the trails from the golf course, it is unlikely that horses and riders ever go onto golf course ground.
Wilmette Golf Club Location
Wilmette Golf Club is serious about slow play. Besides notices on their scorecards (Very few, Chicago-land golf courses have these slow play notices on their scorecards.), this golf course has tee time clocks spread throughout the course. This course’s ranger will certainly warn golfers if they are playing too slowly.
Billy Caldwell Golf Course Location
U.S. Highway 14 (Caldwell Avenue) marks the northern boundary for Billy Caldwell Golf Course, which is a nine holes, Forest Preserve golf course. This course’s parking lot is small, so since excellent, public transportation to this course is available, it is cheaper and less irritating for golfers to forgo driving.