With Easter dinner over you may be looking at the ham and wondering what to do with it. Ham is so versatile and it is a perfect item to use once the main meal is over.
An interesting and unique way to use up that leftover ham is to make a ham and asparagus pizza. We happened to have some asparagus from our meal, but if you do not, just leave them out.
What is even nicer about this dish is that the meal can be made in about 10 minutes. That is perfect for a quick dinner.
This is one example of a pizza using ham. Uses your imagination to come up with your favorite recipe.
Ham and Asparagus Pizza
Serves 1 to 2
- 8” premade pizza crust such as Boboli
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Ham, diced
- ¼ cup Asparagus tips, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Mix together mayonnaise, mustard and parmesan cheese. Spread atop the Boboli crust, leaving about ½ inch border on crust.
- Sprinkle on ham and asparagus. Sprinkle on cheddar and mozzarella. Bake for 8-10 minutes until crust is warm and cheese is melted.
For other articles and recipes, see Mesa Food Examiner and North Phoenix Food Examiner. Better yet, click on subscribe to automatically receive our articles and recipes. It’s free and SPAM-free.