Make a checklist when visiting assisted living homes
(Vixcent Villaluna, Licensee of Lakewood Villa, contributed to this article)
An assisted living home should have a special bond with you and your mom. Remember…this is where your mom will live in the autumn of her days. I can speak for the assisted living home where I work, and can assert that others should have the same offerings.
At Lakewood Villa, we work in partnership with family members, advocates and health care providers. We do face-to-face interviews. We see each resident every day. We know what it takes to make your loved one feel safe, warm and comfortable. This helps us understand each of our residents’ individual and changing needs. This extra effort enables us to personalize our care. Loved ones really notice the extra effort.
An assisted living home provides:
- Personal assistance with daily needs. This includes bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Housekeeping and laundry.
- Three nutritious meals prepared fresh daily. We have snacks available throughout the day.
- Dining assistance and special diets.
- Medication management. Daily monitoring of health status and changes in physical, mental, emotional and social functioning.
- Transportation arrangement for medical and dental appointments.
- Planned activities and social events.
- Choice of private and companion rooms.
- Highly trained staff on site 24/7.
We go above and beyond. It’s what we do. It’s what you should expect. Senior caregivers should sincerely love helping senior citizens. This extra effort is part of what we do in this profession. It helps make your loved one feel safe, warm and comfortable.
For more info, see http://lakewoodvillacarehome.com/assisted-living-in-sacramento/.