Imagine babysitting a niece, nephew, or godchild with little knowledge of how things work when snapping in car seats, packing diaper bags, or keeping them entertained. It will give you new appreciation for what parents go through when traveling.
Spring break is here, so that means the sun is out and fun times are ahead. Spring is a major kickoff to the vacation season. Whether you’re taking a road trip or a flight, how do you keep your children entertained and yourself stress free? The folks at Snoozeshade and BubbleBum are going to help you with your travels. You can read about the giveaway below.
But first, here are some tips for making trips more fun and less frenzied:
Parents have to be strategists. Packing is cumbersome and toddlers are tiring. So well made plans are the best counter attack for traveling with kids. Know where you’re going, what you’re doing, and who you’re doing it with.
It is hard to take kids along spur of the moment. You’d better have an itinerary mapped out! Check out this free itinerary template, and get started.
Snacks, toys, medication, books, and a myriad of other “just for the kids” items have to go along with you when you travel with kids. How do you pack light and take everything you need? Check out these tips from mumsonthego.com:
- Book accommodations that have the items you need: cots, high chairs, etc.
- Pack all the clothes you think you’ll need, then remove half of them.
- Purchase toiletries when you arrive at your location.
- Take larger bags, so you’ll have less bags to carry.
- Keep toys small and multipurpose.
- Pack enough essential items to last for the travel time.
Giveaway-Traveling with kids
Okay, getting to the goodies! The Snoozeshade Original Deluxe (retail $39.99), and the multi-award winning BubbleBum.
- Follow SnoozeShade and BubbleBum on Twitter or “Like” them on Facebook. www.facebook.com/SnoozeShade, https://twitter.com/snoozeshade www.facebook.com/BubbleBumUSLLC, twitter.com/bubblebumusa/
- Submit your best “traveling with kids” tips in the comments below or to email@example.com.
- There will be two winners chosen at random.
- One entry per household.
- DEADLINE APRIL 14th
From the companies:
The Snoozeshade Original Deluxe (retail $39.99) is the multi-award-winning breathable sun and sleep shade for strollers and joggers that gives baby the privacy to sleep while protecting baby’s delicate skin from the sun with maximum rated sun protection (UPF40+). Use Snoozeshade from birth, any time day or night, while traveling, at restaurants or when running errands. Use in four ways to help baby sleep or create valuable shade. Available at Snoozeshadeusa.com
BubbleBum is an innovative, inflatable booster seat for kids aged 4-11. It checks in at less than 1 pound and inflates in minutes. When not in use, simply deflate the booster seat, roll it up and stow away in the trunk or backpack for the next use.
BubbleBum is perfect for road trips, fly ins with rental cars, cabs, school trips or every day carpooling. It’s the perfect travel companion, there’s no need to carry a bulky booster seat again with this lightweight, compact solution. BubbleBum (retail $39.99) is sold online at BubbleBum . It is also available in select Target stores nationally as well as at BabiesRUs.com