Spring has finally sprung and all anyone can think about is finally getting to spend time outdoors. Here in Florida the temperature has already hit optimum levels so every weekend I try to have something to do that involves the outdoors. Below I’ve listed 5 budget friendly things to do that involve the outdoors.
1. The Jacksonville Zoo- I am a complete lover of all animals so I try to go to the zoo every year and get my fill. And spring is the best time to go because the animals seem more active before it gets too hot and a lot of their young are just being born (and who doesn’t love baby animals?). Basic tickets to the Jacksonville Zoo are $14.95 for adults and 9.95 for children.
2. A river boat ride on the St. John’s River- This is one I haven’t done in years but remember having so much fun when I went last time. Right behind the Jacksonville Landing there are boats that offer river cruises for a minimal fee. It’s the perfect thing to do when the sun is shining and the temperatures are up. Plus, you might even catch sight of a manatee or dolphin if your lucky!
3. Jacksonville Suns game- Going to baseball games is something that both my fiancé and I enjoy doing together. With tickets starting around $10 it’s a cheap option for sports fans.
4. Going to the park- Whether it’s a park to take your kids to or a park to take your four-legged children this is a good way to save money and enjoy the outdoors.
5. The beach- no list of spring outdoor activities would be complete without mentioning the beach. It’s free and always open, two wins in my book.
So that’s the list. Now get out there and enjoy the beautiful weather we’ve been having!