Spring is in the air and San Diego is ready for it! April brings showers of fun to Balboa Park. The week ahead has many excitng things in store for visitors of San Diego’s favorite park. Below is a listing of the top choices for the week ahead. For a full calendar of events, click here.
- MONDAY: April 1, 2013 – Objects of metal, silk, and ink are on display at the San Diego Museum of Art. Exhibition Masterworks in Metal, Ink, and Silk combines objects from the Suzhou Museum in China.
- TUESDAY: April 2, 2013 – It’s residents Free Tuesday! several of the museums in the park are free for San Diego residents. Click here for a list.
- WEDNESDAY: April 3, 2013 – Today is a great day to view the lily display at the Botanical Building. Open daily.
- THURSDAY: April 4, 2013 – Get your groove on at the Mingei Museum in their Art of Musical Instruments. This exhibits runs through the end of July.
- FRIDAY: April 5, 2013 – Set this day aside for an audio tour of Balboa Park. Daily audio tours are available at the Balboa Park Visitor Center.
- SATURDAY: April 6, 2013 – The house of Pacific Relations holds their 10th Annual Tartan Day Festival. 11a.m. – 4p.m. Click here.
- SUNDAY: April 7, 2013 – Enjoy some organ music while listening to spoken poetry at the Organ Pavilion. “Imagine a world without books”, presented by the San Diego Theater Company, encourages people to read with this event.
Balboa Park has a little bit for everyone. San Diego invites you to come out and enjoy!