Have you been to a theme park lately? They are all so automated. Large computer systems run them behind the scenes to keep everything on schedule. When you first arrive, you are fingerprinted to insure you are not using a resale ticket or a stolen one. Once you use your ticket with your finger print, you own the ticket and it can not be refunded or sold.
Remember the E tickets from Disney World for the best rides. Paper tickets. Now you paper ticket is scanned and the bar stripe like the ones on your credit cards are matched to your finger print. Very sophisticated system to prevent thieves while keeping track of you.
Let’s start numbering these technology items.
1. Finger scan matched to bar stripe on your pass or ticket
2.Timing of the parades and performers is done by computers underground at Disney
3. Timing of the rides and running the rides is programmed into the systems.
4. Lights coming on in the parks are on timers.
5. All the cash registers are electronic point of sale computers keeping track of everything all day with uploads to the main system.
Do you notice all the ways electronics, computers, and scanners are used throughout the day to keep track of crowds and you.
6. The food you eat is counted and predicts future food preparation
7. Hours are shorten so the visitors have less time for same price tickets sales. This allows the parks to cut back on personnel while maintaining revenue stream.