From Olympic wrestling to the college mat scene, Takedown Wrestling covers it all during its two-hour broadcast this Saturday, April 27, the show announced Thursday.
Join hosts Scott Casber, Steve Foster, Jeff Murphy, Brad Johnson and Terry Cook this Saturday 9:00-11:00 a.m. Central and 10 a.m.-noon Eastern.
The first hour starts with University of Oklahoma head coach Mark Cody… then moves cross-state to talk to Coleman Scott, 2008 NCAA champ for Oklahoma State who brought home a bronze medal in freestyle wrestling at the 2012 London Olympics. Later in the hour, Jim Giunta of the National College Wrestling Association will look back on the past season for members of this organization focused on smaller schools.
In the second hour, Takedown talks to NCAA Director of Championships Anthony Holman… then welcomes Appalachian State mat coach JohnMark Bentley to the microphone.
Fans, athletes, coaches: This is your sport. Join in the conversation, ask questions. Call 866-333-5966 or 515-204-5966.
Takedown Wrestling is available on radio on AM 1460 KXNO, on your computer, your Blackberry or I Phone with the I Heart Radio App. KXNO.com, Takedownradio.com, I Heart Radio App.
Takedown Wrestling’s guest list for April 27:
- 9:03: Mark Cody, Oklahoma head wrestling coach
- 9:15: Coleman Scott, 2012 Olympic bronze medalist and Oklahoma State mat champ
- 9:30: Jim Giunta, NCWA Recap of the Season
- 9:40: Blood Doc John Fitzgerald, Science of Nutrition
- 9:50: Tyler Barkley, Max Muscle Sports Nutrition Update
- 10:00: Anthony Holman, NCAA Director of Championships
- 10:20: JohnMark Bentley, Appalachian State head wrestling coach
- 10:35: Terry Allison, Takedown Sportswear
- 10:50: Tim Bollman, Wildrose Casino and Resort Clinton
The season may be over… but there’s still news! Keep up with all the post-season awards, coach hirings, firings and retirings, new programs and other developments year round… by clicking the “subscribe” button at the top of the page to make sure you don’t miss a single article from College Wrestling Examiner, winner of Amateur Wrestling News’ Dellinger Award as wrestling writer of 2011. It’s absolutely FREE!
College Wrestling 101: Links to College Wrestling Examiner articles answering basic questions about wrestling, including rules, scoring, uniforms, more
Follow College Wrestling Examiner Mark Palmer on Twitter