Think you’ve got a good excuse when a cop pulls you over for speeding that they’ve actually never heard before…ahhh…WRONG! According a recently released survey by the website that provides answers to many insurance questions, as well as free comparison rates from companies, Insurance.com, drivers can get really creative with their excuses for nudging past the posted speed limits.
Insurance.com surveyed 500 licensed motorists age 18-plus earlier this year and here are some real beautes that you might want to record and save for perhaps later use? NAH!
- 20.4 percent of drivers have tried: I couldn’t see the sign telling me not to do it.
- 15.6 percent: I’m lost and unfamiliar with the roads.
- 12.4 percent: I didn’t know it was broken.
- 6.4 percent: Everyone else was doing it.
- 5.4 percent: I’m having an emergency situation in my car. For instance, spilling a hot drink on your lap.
- 4.8 percent: I missed my turn/exit.
- 4.6 percent: I had to go to the bathroom.
- 4.2 percent: I didn’t do anything dangerous.
- 4 percent: I was on my way to an emergency. For example, to help someone who is ill or injured.
- 2.2 percent: My GPS said it was the right thing to do.
Please do visit my Facebook page and hit ‘LIKE!’