Lucy Park is right off the I-44 coming through Wichita Falls. You’ll recognize it by the blue pagoda in the park and the signature Falls. There’s so much to do in Lucy Park which is why it is one of the best places for the family to enjoy in the spring. In the park you’ll find: The Falls, disc golf, 3 playgrounds, hiking trails for hikers and riding. In addition, you’ll find many picnic tables, barbeque grills, and benches. The duck pond is also nice. Be sure to bring some bread to feed the ducks! The park also has a log cabin. A lot of times the cabin is used for weddings and baby showers. It is always available for parties and absolutely recommended. One of the biggest events in the town of Wichita Falls is Falls Fest. This is held at Lucy Park every year at the end of September. Artists in the past playing at this event include: Stevie Ray Vaughn/Double Trouble, Grand Funk Railroad, and Marshall Tucker Band just to name a few. It’s an event that music, food, and Arts & Crafts lovers go wild over! River Bend Nature Center is also a big part of Lucy Park. This place is such a fun thing to do with the kids. The center is educational and involves a lot of activities and inspires conservation. So, as you can see, Lucy Park is a very big part of this town. On any given weekend in Wichita Falls, you’ll find tons of locals getting out with the family to play or just relax for the afternoon. If you’re looking for a park that offers tranquility and fun; this is your park!
- Sioux Falls light show: A must-see attraction in Falls Park begins Memorial Day
- Chief Borrego hands out awards at Wichita Falls Police Department ceremony
- Feds prosecute major drug conspiracy ring in Wichita Falls
- Explosive devices in vacant home lead to prison time for Wichita Falls man
- Sheriff David Duke announces arrest of possible murder suspect in Wichita Falls