Before the weather turns to total springtime and dinner turns to delicious salads and sandwiches, one more hearty chowder is on the menu for dinner. This chowder is a one-pot meal that will please every palate.
Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning spice
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1-1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Frank’s Hot Sauce, or a favorite brand
- In a large stockpot, melt butter.
- Add leeks and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Add potato, chicken broth and corn. Simmer for 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix half-and-half and cornstarch. Stir into stockpot.
- Add Old Bay seasoning. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add peppers and shrimp. Simmer for 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Stir in lemon juice and hot sauce.
- Serve immediately.