Responding to MSNBC’s ad featuring Melissa Harris-Perry declaring that America’s children belong to a “collective,” former Governor Sarah Palin asked the network if the reverse was true in a tweet sent Tuesday evening, Twitchy reported.
“Dear MSNBC, if our kids belong to you, do your kids belong to us too?” she asked.
But Palin wasn’t finished.
“If so, can we take them hunting after church in our big pickup truck?” she added.
Palin originally responded to the ad by tweeting, “unflippingbelievable.”
“We have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to whole communities,” Harris-Perry says in the ad, which can be seen here.
After the ad created a firestorm of criticism, Harris-Perry tweeted a Bible verse, then posted a blog entry defending the ad while claiming to be the victim of conservative persecution.
Twitchy said that liberals responded to Palin’s tweet with hate, but a number of people applauded her “for fighting like a girl.”
“That’s not how collectivists think. It’s ‘what’s yours is mine and what’s mine is mine,'” one person said.
“Right back at em! Love it,” said another.
“First it was ‘You didn’t build that.’ Now it’s ‘You didn’t birth that.’ *Sigh* Govt, stay out of our cribs,” Palin tweeted later.
- MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry defends ‘kids belong to whole communities’ ad
- MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry: Progressives despise military as ‘engine of war’
- MSNBC host: 9/11 terrorists an ‘imagined racial enemy’ for white America
- MSNBC ad: Your kids belong to the collective, er, community, not you
- Texas 6th graders assigned to design flag for new socialist nation
- Young Communist League targets children in ‘Red School Bus Tour’
- Radical socialist group advocates revolution, plans to recruit children
- Communist Party USA celebrates Obama’s re-election
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.