The first national tour of Priscilla Queen of the Desert The Musical is coming to Bass Concert Hall in Austin, from May 8–12, 2013. Via this post, Examiner readers are given a special opportunity to win tickets to this very special presentation (see below on how to enter).
Priscilla Queen of the Desert The Musical will star Wade McCollum (“Tick/Mitzi”), Scott Willis (“Bernadette”) and Bryan West (“Adam/Felicia”) as the trio of friends, on a road trip of a lifetime, who hop aboard a battered old bus searching for love and friendship in the middle of the Australian outback and end up finding more than they could ever have dreamed. Joe Hart stars as “Bob.”
With over 500 dazzling 2011 Tony Award-winning costumes, Priscilla Queen of the Desert The Musical features a hit parade of over 20 dance-floor favorites including “It’s Raining Men,” “Finally” and “I Will Survive.”
The new musical opened on Broadway to critical acclaim on March 20, 2011 at the Palace Theatre. The Hollywood Reporter called Priscilla “funny and fabulous! Joyous entertainment with eye-popping visuals and unexpected heart!” NY-1 News raved “Beneath all that glitz beats a great big sequined heart!” WOR Radio sang “All the songs you’ve loved for years will blow you out of your seat!”
Priscilla Queen of the Desert The Musical won a 2011 Tony Award for Best Costume Design for Academy Award winners Tim Chappel and Lizzy Gardiner’s designs. The new hit musical received three Best Musical award nominations from the Drama Desk, Drama League and Outer Critics Circle Award organizations. Tim Chappel and Lizzy Gardiner were also honored with 2011 Outer Critics Circle and Drama Desk Awards for Outstanding Costume Design.
ENTER TO WIN TICKETS:
PRIZE: Two (2) tickets to attend Opening Night of Priscilla Queen of the Desert on May 8 2013. Showtime begins promptly at 8pm at Bass Concert Hall.
Entering this giveaway is easy! To participate in this contest, enter your email address and/or Twitter handle in the “Comment” section below. A winner will be selected at random and contacted by email on Monday, May 6th at 5pm. (also announced on my Twitter account).
- Winner must provide the name that matches their government-issued photo I.D. and have a valid email address to redeem tickets.
- Winner will pick up tickets at the Press Check-in table located in the far left corner of the main entrance of the Bass Concert Hall lobby beginning at 7:00 p.m. Bass Concert Hall is located at 2350 Robert Dedman Drive on the University of Texas campus. Please allow plenty of time for parking. UT parking fees apply.
- No purchase necessary.
- All prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash and/or any other prize.
- This Ticket Giveaway Contest is for the presentation of Priscilla Queen of the Desert in the city of Austin, Texas only. (Bass Concert Hall)
- Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- Recommended for ages 13+ due to mature language and situations.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
To purchase tickets to attend a performance of the first national Tour of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, tickets can be purchased HERE.
To receive email updates when Suzanne Cordeiro posts a new story, click +subscribe at the top or bottom of this page.
Connect with Suzanne Cordeiro, Austin Events Examiner on http://about.me/suzannecordeiro
Follow @frontrowctr and @SuzanneCordeiro for information and more giveaway opportunities to upcoming concerts, events & musicals.