The event is all-ages, open to the public and features a free live band performance by the San Antonio-based band The Heroine. There will also be give-aways, special grand opening deals, on-site lessons and guitar repair services.
Guitar Center Mesquite officially opens its doors on Thursday, May 16th. The Mesquite location next to Town East Mall is part of a new wave of Guitar Center retail stores that feature expanded recording and music lesson spaces, which allows this store to offer more classes, special programs and new opportunities for local musicians than ever before.
The new store, located at 2021 N. Town East Blvd. Suite 400 Mesquite, TX 75150 is set to welcome local musicians and music fans with a Grand Opening event on Thursday, May 2, at 7:00 p.m.featuring a free live band performance by by Guitar Center’s 2009 Onstage with Motley Crue finalists, The Heroine, plus give-aways, special grand opening deals and more.
“I’m so proud and excited to continue on this path of helping people make music with Guitar Center in Mesquite. As musicians ourselves, myself and the Mesquite staff, are truly looking forward to expanding and inspiring the local music community here,” says local Mesquite Store Manager Justin Alverson. A lifelong musician and Texan, this father of two has been with Guitar Center since 2005 and currently plays in the local band Circus Bear Trickery. Alverson is also Guitar Center expert certified in ProAudio recording, Keyboards, Accessories, Drums and Guitars.
“It has been an incredible experience opening the new Mesquite store. At Guitar Center my passion for music is shared amongst our staff and our customers and it’s a great feeling to be able to help seasoned artists, as well as providing extensive product knowledge and guidance for those just starting out,” continued Guitar Center Mesquite Assistant Manager, Kallie Key.
Guitar Center Mesquite: What Musicians Will Find In-Store
· Guitar Center Studios – Deeply vested in expanding and enhancing the Mesquite music scene, Guitar Center Mesquite also brings Guitar Center Studios to the new location. The fully-equipped, in-house studio space will give Mesquite residents of all ages and skill levels access to affordable music lessons. Sourcing locally trained store employees as certified instructors, courses on guitar, bass, keys and drums, as well as vocals and recording techniques using Pro Tools and Logic Pro and GarageBand, will be offered.
· Vast Product Selection and Low Prices – Guitar Center Mesquite brings an unprecedented selection of products to Mesquite, all backed by Guitar Center’s guarantee and available at the lowest prices. Featuring the latest in guitars, amplifiers, percussion instruments and keyboards, as well as live sound, DJ, lighting and recording equipment, Guitar Center Mesquite customers are encouraged try-before-they-buy, allowing shoppers to pick up instruments, plug-in and play throughout the store.
· Guitar Center Garage – Guitar Center’s on site guitar repair service for stringed instruments,GC Garage offers various services including electronics repairs, hardware customization, fret work, structural repair and setup and maintenance on most stringed instruments.
Guitar Center Mesquite: Additional In-Store Programs and Opportunities Include:
· Guitar Center’s “Endless Aisle” – Mesquite customers can now shop from Guitar Center’s new multi-channel “endless aisle,” which extends the in-store inventory to over $400 million in new and used products from across the nation. Shoppers will be able to purchase in-store, online and via phone, with the option to have products shipped to their home or to the store for convenient pick up.
· At: Guitar Center Programs – Throughout the calendar year, Guitar Center Mesquite will host an array of free events, such as artist workshops, lessons, product launches and performances, as a part of the company’s ongoing commitment to educating and assisting unsigned artists. These programs aim to provide musicians with the opportunities and exposure essential to achieving their music goals.
· Recording Made Easy – Available at all Guitar Center locations, the Recording Made Easy program is a four-week, user-friendly series of weekly classes occurring Saturdays from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. Classes in the February, series will focus on the ins and outs of Avid Pro Tools 10. Participation is first come first served, and by register only.
· Music Mentor Series – Available at all Guitar Center locations, the Music Mentor program is a series of free workshops on rotating topics held every Wednesday and Saturday. From drum tech tips to recording techniques to dialing in that perfect tone there is something for everyone, no matter what you play.
In addition to special programs at the new Mesquite store, Guitar Center offers year-round programs designed to spearhead creativity and highlight promising undiscovered talent. Mesquite residents will now be able to participate in these ongoing events from their hometown. Programs have included Your Next Record, Guitar Center On-Stage, Guitar Center Singer-Songwriter, Guitar Center’s Battle of the Blues, Guitar Center’s Drum-Off