A Missouri witness riding an Amtrak train near Warrensburg reported watching “12 bright, white orbs at airplane flight level moving in a varied pattern,” according to March 21, 2013, testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The incident occurred about 1:35 p.m. on March 18, 2013. Warrensburg is a city in Johnson County, MO, population 23,218. The town is situated about four miles west of Whiteman Air Force Base.
“I looked out the window (north side) at the view,” the witness stated. “It was farmland fields. The sky was bright blue and there were large cumulus clouds as far as the eye could see. I typically look at cloud shapes and as I looked up I saw several bright, white objects flying and moving in a non-bird formation pattern.”
The witness had difficulty counting the objects.
“Two would move one way and then two would move another way – all remaining in the loosely formed group. There were 12 of these things. They were much higher than birds of prey fly. They looked to be the height that aircraft fly and just behind them was a cumulus cloud.”
The witness believes that each of the objects were large.
“The appearance of them was a very bright white and I have to think their size was large since I saw a vulture just seconds after they were out of view and its wingspan was about five feet across and these things were significantly higher than the vulture and appeared just as big.”
No images or videos were included with the MUFON report.
Recent Missouri UFO reports include:
- ‘Huge triangle’ UFO reported hovering over Missouri home
- Kansas City witness may have explanation for some cigar-shaped UFOs
- Kansas City witness describes hovering formation of 30 lights
- Diamond-shaped UFO reported at 500 feet over Missouri town
- ‘Huge triangle craft’ reported hovering low over Missouri town (Photos)
- New witness surfaces in Illinois UFO case from January 2000
- Multiple Missouri UFO witnesses describe ‘large, black triangle’
- Missouri witnesses report two unknown objects crossing sky
- Triangle UFO reported under 1,000 feet over Independence, Missouri
- Rectangle UFO quickly disappears over Arnold, Missouri
Missouri is a current UFO ALERT 5 rating, with a low number of UFO sightings nationally. Missouri had 5 reports in February 2013 – the 26th highest reporting state while California had 53 reports – the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the National UFO Examiner home page.
Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If Missouri MUFON State Director Debbie Ziegelmeyer investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.