Mala Ocean Tavern on Front Street in Lahaina on the west side of Maui is one of the island’s most popular restaurants.
Looking for a casual but upscale dining atmosphere with good food and a terrific view of Maui’s famed sunsets? Mark Ellman’s Mala Ocean Tavern is for you!
Appetizers include Mahi Mahi Ceviche, Oyster Shooters, Coconut Shrimp, Garlic Cheese Flatbread, Crunchy Calamari, and a soup of the day. Their Black Bean Soup is very good!
There are several good salads, with the My Big Fat Greek Salad with Kula Greens being one of the best. Organic chicken or fish can be added to any salad.
Their entrees are legendary, with everything from adult Mac-n-Cheese to Asian fried chicken or Baby Back Ribs. Don’t forget to try their purple mashed potatoes from the Hawaiian island of Molokai.
Signature Dishes include
- Kobe beef cheeseburger
- Seared Ahi
- Goat cheese salad
- House-made olives
- Sugar Snap Peas
Mala Ocean Tavern has it all – good food in a casual, laid-back, Maui-like atmosphere with spectacular views of the ocean and the islands of Lanai and Molokai. Also, diners on the deck are treated to some of Maui’s most spectacular sunset views at Mala Ocean Tavern. Don’t forget your camera!
This is a Maui restaurant you’ll visit several times during your times on Maui.
Mala Ocean Tavern
1307 Front Street
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
Open: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Tripadvisor Reviews for Mala Ocean Tavern.
Location: Mala Ocean Tavern is located on Front Street in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui. It’s behind the Lahaina Cannery Mall, which you can clearly see from Hwy. 30 as you drive through Lahaina.
Turn off Hwy. 30 onto Kapunakea Street toward the ocean. You’ll pass the Safeway grocery store to your left. As you come to Front Street, Mala Ocean Tavern will be straight ahead. Parking is to the right of the building.
- Reservations are recommended either by phone or via the Internet.
- Parking is limited to the left of the building. If the parking area is full, drive to the large parking lot at the Lahaina Cannery Mall. It’s a short walk to Mala Ocean Tavern.
- Arrive before your reservation and enjoy one of the best upscale bar scenes on Maui.
- Try and secure outside seating. Sunsets are spectacular on the outside deck.
- Mala Ocean Tavern is busy and crowded and the tables are close together. Don’t be surprised if you make new friends.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world. Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.