On Tuesday, April 9, an elderly man was killed moving a rabbit off the middle of the highway in Wyoming. It’s not yet known whether the person who struck the man has been arrested.
The accident occurred approximately at 9 pm on Saturday on a two-lane highway.
A highway patrol officer says that the man, named William Kieren, saw an injured rabbit on or near the highway and pulled over to the side of the road. The accident, in which Kieren was struck and killed while tending to the rabbit, occurred near the center lane of the highway.
Not enough details have emerged as to whether the man was making an attempt to cross the highway in an effort to aid the rabbit.
After the accident, Kieren was rushed to a hospital but it said to have passed away on Sunday. He was 79-years-old.
As for the rabbit, a highway patrol officer said the animal was alive on the roadway. Despite being alive, the rabbit must have been severely injured, as according to the Associated Press, the animal was intentionally killed by the patrol officer.
Because there has yet to be an arrest made in this case, it’s not exactly known what kind of crime this would constitute as, or what any potential defendant and his or her lawyer may plead once they’re in a court of law.
For more on the killed moving rabbit story that’s trending online, be sure to return to the Crime Examiner column.
If you liked this article, try these on for size:
1) Halle Berry flaunts breasts in shocking dress on ‘Tonight Show’ (pictures)
2) Man brutally beats daughters on video for racy ‘twerking’ videos!
3) Surprise: Guess who celebrity is now pregnant
4) 4 people killed in disturbing NY shooting spree
5) Coal miners dead, missing after sad accident
6) 6th grader brings $20k to class in her backpack
7) 28 endangered elephants killed just for their ivory tusks
8) Dry cat food recalled: Is it the same food you feed your cat?
9) Oklahoma has executed their first inmate of the year–find out why
10) Judge Judy is being sued
11) Man fired from job despite saving children from shark attack!
12) 6th month child shot, dies because of father’s gang affiliation
13) NRA school shield: Can program keep kids safer?
14) Airpocalypse in China kills 1.2 million