Internal Auditor accountabilities will assist senior auditors conducting audits at group locations in North America. Work with the Internal Audit dept. on ad hoc projects that arise (including system implementation, various accounting project etc.).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Test and evaluate the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls.
- Determine extent of compliance with established policies, plans, procedures and laws.
- Assess the quality of the auditee performance.
Document the audit effort in work papers maintained in accordance with professional standards.
Report audit findings and make recommendations to auditor in charge of the engagement for correcting deficiencies and improving operations.
Review accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
Conduct inventory counts.
Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A, or B.S.) in Accounting/Finance (or related disciplines) from four-year college or university.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Second language is an advantage.
Be proficient in the areas of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, and
MS PowerPoint and has an aptitude to learn a variety of accounting systems.
Candidates must be an effective communicator with the ability to empathies with senior, peer and junior colleagues. Being people orientated you will be able to progress issues with colleagues in a non-judgmental manner.
The ideal candidate must enjoy travel and with a willingness to relocate to another location.
Standard of Conduct:
Internal Audit is a dept. that provides assurance to the Executives that the corporation’s standard of internal control and corporate governance are being applied. In that context each member of the dept. will be expected to completely comply with all Group policies and procedures and continually exercise prudent professional judgment. Confidentiality and Discretion are important and must be adhered to at all times.
Kerry Group, 3400 Millington Road, Beloit, WI 53511 (608) 363 – 1200