65% of American women have naturally curly hair and most don’t like it and spend lots of time straightening it, this can be extra daunting in South Florida. If you have shoulder length to long hair here are steps on how you can smooth those natural curls or add waves to natural straight hair.
What you will need:
- Blowdryer with a diffuser and a cool setting
- Curling iron
- Bobby pins
- Hair Spray
- Shampoo and condition your hair, squeeze out excess water with a towel. Distribute moose from root to end. If you have natural curls use a conditioning moose, if you have straight hair use a volumizing moose.
- Bend head upside down and blow dry hair with diffuser on and on hot setting. Finger dry upside down until dry. This adds volume at the root.
- Part where you would like and take a 2″ section of hair. Curling iron size depends on your hair length and the type of curls you want, the larger the iron the softer the curls. Now clamp hair half way down the strand with the curling iron and roll leaving out about 2″ of ends. Slide off iron and pin with bobby pin at the scalp
- Now use your dryer with diffuser on cool setting to lock in the curls. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Take out pins and finger comb hair, spray with hair spray.
- Enjoy your volume!!
The attached video will show you these steps in action. Give it a try and let me know how you did.