Was a hero grandpa fired from his employer after saving children from a potential shark attack? Believe it or not yes, he was, and now, outrage over the hero’s firing has ensued.
In a viral video that restored the faith many have in the human spirit, a grandpa becomes a hero when he wrestles a shark in the water in an effort to save children that are nearby in the area.
The man, who is 62-years-old, was seen on video grappling with the shark and then seemingly releasing it. But afterward, once the video became a hit and the man became a local hero, he was fired. But why?
Turns out, his employer found out the grandpa in question was traveled to the Australian beach (the scene of the incident with the shark) while on his sick leave. In other words, the 62-year-old hero didn’t choose to use his vacation time to go on, well, vacation.
Instead, he pretended to be sick (actually, he claimed he had work-related stress according to Fox 8) in order to have some fun in the Australian sun.
But now, some who watched the viral video are upset that the man has been fired. Deemed a hero by many, some want the man’s employer Pant and Dowlais Boys & Girls Club, to hire him back. The employer is a Welsh charity.
Do you feel the grandfather should get his job back? Do you feel he lied? Sound off in the comments section below.
If you found this story interesting, try these on for size:
1) Nanny caught on camera slapping a 5-month-old child!
2) Go Daddy nerd becomes an instant ‘sex symbol’
3) Was Coca-Cola’s Super Bowl ad racist?
4) Biggest ‘Catfish’ victim arrested for drunk driving
5) Five year old child arrested for making a ‘terrorist threat’
6) Woman dragged and thrown onto subway tracks by man (VIDEO)
7) Al Roker talks about the side effects of his weight loss surgery
8) Popular actor on NBC comes out as gay
9) Commuters all over the world wear no pants for a day
10) Teenage girl gets big money in ‘Burger King’ sex case