Monkees Peter Tork, Mike Nesmith and Micky Dolenz will go back on the road again this summer for 24 dates this summer, the group announced Monday in a poster on their Monkees Tour page on Facebook.
- ALSO SEE: Monkees announce ticket sale dates for summer tour
The tour will begin July 15 at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, N.Y., and play in 16 states and the District of Columbia, ending in Portland, Ore. on Aug. 18.
The news of the tour was released prematurely when one of the venues, the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, released their show date ahead of the formal announcement.
The three Monkees did a short tour last year that included a tribute to the late Davy Jones. The great reception for the tour brought calls for more shows.
Peter Tork will embark on a solo tour before the Monkees tour begins. Micky Dolenz will also perform May 17 at Lake of the Torches Resort Casino in Lac du Flambeau, WI., July 12 and 13 at Lakeside Casino in Osceola, IA., and on four dates starting in late August and running through October with Peter Noone and Herman’s Hermits and David Cassidy.
The full Monkees tour schedule:
- July 15, The Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, N.Y.
- July 16, Citi Performing Arts Center, Boston, MA.
- July 17, Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, N.J.
- July 19, NYCB Theatre at Westbury, Westbury, N.Y.
- July 20, The Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA.
- July 21, The Warner Theatre, Washington, D.C.
- July 23, Memorial Auditorium, Raleigh, N.C.
- July 24, Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN.
- July 26, St. Augustine Amphitheatre, St. Augustine, FL.
- July 27, Mizner Park Amphitheatre, Boca Raton, FL.
- July 28, Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, FL.
- July 31, The Long Center, Austin, TX.
- Aug. 1, Arena Theatre, Houston, TX.
- Aug. 2, Verizon Theatre, Grand Prairie, TX.
- Aug. 3, Brady Theater, Tulsa, OK.
- Aug. 5, Paramount Theatre, Denver, CO.
- Aug. 9, Mesa Arts Center, Mesa, AZ.
- Aug. 10, Green Valley Events Center, Henderson, NV.
- Aug. 11, Humphreys Concerts By the Bay, San Diego, CA.
- Aug. 13, Terrace Theater, Long Beach, CA. (corrected)
- Aug. 14, Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA.
- Aug. 15, Uptown Theatre, Napa, CA.
- Aug. 17, Benaroya Hall, Seattle, WA.
- Aug. 18, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Portland, Ore.
Subscribe to us (see button at top) for your Monkees news buzz. And you won’t want to miss any of our complete coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our Vintage Rock n’ Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other news coverage.
Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting any of our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We’re also Stan on Facebook and at Ufollow or Pinterest. And don’t miss our weekly Beatles news radio show “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com and Beatles-A-Rama on the weekends.