“Grimm” moves to Tuesdays this week, and on Monday, April 29, we joined a call with David Giuntoli to find out what’s coming up in the rest of the season.
Can Juliette and Nick’s relationship be fixed? After everything that has happened, can there be happiness for them? The actor did tease a possible reunion: “I think we’re going to be seeing us kind of patching things up, turning things around a bit. And I’m sure that in “Grimm” fashion, they’ll find some way to make that as difficult as humanly possible.” But first, Giuntoli wants to see them “talk about things in a real way” after everything, especially with everything he doesn’t want to tell her. “I think Nick’s a guy who knows what he’s done to her and would probably do anything to get her back. So I think he’d wait for a long time,” he admitted.
Those heightened abilities A couple of episodes back, we got to see the aftermath of Nick losing his sight briefly, and that resulted in what could be a pretty interesting subject for them to explore. Is that something that will continue? According to Giuntoli, “I have not received any nuggets of what’s to come as far as Nick’s supernatural powers. At the end of season one I did get some info that they wanted to turn me more into a hero with supernatural abilities. … I would imagine going forward we’re going to revisit some of what we kind of teased with my super human hearing and ability to fight fruit with a bat.”
Zombies! Level 10 Wesen! Death! Oh my! It should be a memorable end to the show’s second season, as the actor teased that “zombies quote unquote will be coming to Portland.” “Grimm” meets “The Walking Dead”? Later on, he previewed, “a Level 10 Wesen comes to Portland who is pulling the strings controlling a lot of other types of Wesen. We can call them the undead. And he has an army of people under his control that wreak havoc.” Plus, if you weren’t feeling worried before, this tease should do the job about the cliffhanger: “I don’t know how the writers are going to get themselves out of this corner that they’ve painted themselves into. One of the cast may not live through the finale.”
Other teases about the end of season 2 from Giuntoli:
- Hank went on vacation because Russell Hornsby snapped his Achilles tendon, and they needed a way to give him the time off for surgery. He’s out for two episodes.
- “There’s a very funny scene where I perhaps walk in on a moment I shouldn’t have walked in on,” he teased, talking about Monroe and Rosalee.
- “There’s communication” with Nick’s mother.
- The Captain gives Nick “a stern captain-esque lecture” about his history and the Royals and why they want him in particular.
- There’s an “almost “X-Files”-y” episode coming involving “what people…think are aliens.” They tell us the “real explanation.”
- The Royals get closer to Nick and come to Portland for the key, and Nick learns more about why they want it. He and the Captain will be working together.
- “The Adalind storyline is insane.”
“Grimm” season 2 airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on NBC. What do you think of the latest spoilers?
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook and Subscribe for the latest in television news