A free map, mode and a title update were dropped for Gears of War: Judgment on the Friday. There are also double and triple XP playlists now available for the Xbox 360 shooter.
The Haven DLC Pack is now available to download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace for free thanks to an Epic Games promotion with MAXIM. The pack comes with the “Haven” map along with the return of the Execution multiplayer mode.
In Execution mode, the objective of each team is to kill all members of the enemy team before the time limit runs out. The catch? Unless hit with a one-shot kill weapon like the Booshka, players go into a “Down But Not Out” state and will revive at the end of the bleed-out timer instead of dying. To finish the job, perform an Execution on a downed enemy.
Epic Games is also running special playlists for both Haven and Execution for Gears of War: Judgment that grants double XP for a limited time. Those that subscribed to the VIP pass will get to enjoy triple XP when in those playlists.
A title update was also released for Judgment. While it doesn’t add anything new, it does squash a number of bugs. You can check out the full details below.
- Various dedicated server improvements.
- Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
- Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
- Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
- If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
- Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
- While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
- The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
- The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
- If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
- You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
- Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
- Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
- You will now see XP tallies between matches.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.
Via: Epic Games