A fifth-graders murder trial is moving into its deeper stages this week, as Upcoming Yahoo News reported this Sunday, March 31, that two students who are accused of plotting to kill another classmate have been found competent, meaning they were ruled aware of what they were doing in planning to stab a fifth grade girl earlier this year.
Under the headline, “Fifth-graders murder trial moves forward in Colville case”, Upcoming Yahoo notes that a local judge has decided to make an official ruling on the matter of competency in the shocking case. The two suspects, an 11-year-old and a 10-year-old boy, have been said to be cognizant of their actions in the attempted killing of a female classmate, leading to serious charges filed against the two if convicted.
The two names of the juveniles in question have not been made public. The 11-year-old boy, however, has admitted that he plotted to attack, stab, and kill a girl with a knife while having his accomplice, the 10-year-old boy, hold the other students at bay with a gunpoint in an elaborate plan.
Another student was given $80 to keep their murder plan under wraps, but the student fortunately went to the police instead, who found a gun and knife in the two boys’ possession before the act occurred.
The fifth-graders murder trial will continue in the coming weeks. The few statements that have been released so far is that the 10-year-old has said “no” to feeling guilty about killing his classmate, and upon being asked why they were planning on stabbing the young girl, his answer was that she had been “rude” to them.
For the most recent top news, please feel welcome to follow Ryan on Twitter here or check out his community Facebook page, The Top News Examiner. Thank you.