The highly anticipated season three finale of “The Walking Dead” aired on March 31 and fans sounded off about the conclusion of AMC’s hit series. The final numbers won’t be posted until Tuesday, but Sunday night’s episode could easily race to the top of the ratings charts, even though it premiered against HBO’s third season of “Game of Thrones.” So, were fans excited about or disappointed by “The Walking Dead” finale? Fans sounded off on Sunday, and according to Twitter and Facebook posts, they were divided on the season three finale.
The third season of “The Walking Dead” debuted on October 14 and ran for eight weeks. After a nine-week hiatus, the highly successful series returned for the second half of the season on February 10 to a record-breaking audience of 12 million+ viewers.
During and after Sunday night’s finale of “The Walking Dead” fans were busy posting their thoughts on social media sites like Twitter. Below are a few positive posts from March 31.
- “Sundays are gonna be no fun without The Walking Dead.” – Lyric LaBorde
- “Hate to see Andrea go, but she stayed in character by doing it herself.” – Brenda Waugh
- “I don’t want The Walking Dead to be over. I can’t wait until next season.” – Ann Bryan
- “Everybody’s talking about The Walking Dead.” – Stephanie Sulmonte
- “My Easter gift was The Walking Dead.” – Alli Murphy
- “October 4 can’t come soon enough!” – Thea Ballard
- “Oh, come on! The season finale was awesome! The ones who didn’t like it were hoping to see death everywhere… It was more than war, they created history for the next season. Loved it!” – Crislane Santos
However, not everyone was enthralled with the season finale of “The Walking Dead.” Below are a few negative reactions from Sunday, as posted on Facebook.
- “Big fan…and extremely disappointed in the finale.” – Frank Mahon
- “Worst episode out of 3 seasons.” – Ryan Holmes
- “You literally just killed the show.” – Dan Saillant
- “Very weak finale. It didn’t have a bang.” – Kierre Eugene Hodges
- “It was utterly boring, poorly written, and had the most commercials I have ever seen shoved into an episode.” – Laura Shapard
- “Worst season ever. Nothing really happened other than Andrea dying. Very disappointed.” Mitch Herschel
AMC is banking on huge ratings, despite mixed reviews for the season finale of “The Walking Dead.” Until season four premieres in October, it’s clear that Andrea didn’t survive, but the Governor did and he’s likely to become the primary villain next season. The group now has more warriors to battle the zombies, but they’ll also battle each other. Plus, fans are left to wonder if Carl went too far. Questions will remain unanswered for at least six more months. So, did you love or hate the finale?
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite television shows and stars.