Coursera is a company that partners with top universities to offer courses free and online to help people improve their lives. By doing so and by offering the courses free, Coursera hopes to reach millions of people who might not otherwise be able to take advantage of courses of this quality and design.
Business courses, past and present include:
- Grow to Greatness: Smart Growth for Private Business Part I (University of Virginia)
- Grow to Greatness: Smart Growth for Private Business Part II (University of Virginia)
- Surviving Disruptive Technologies (University of Maryland, College Park)
- An Introduction to Operations Management (University of Pennsylvania)
- Introduction to Finance (University of Michigan)
Other courses include Medicine, Biology, Computer Science and Humanities, to name a few. They range from five to fifteen weeks in length, depending on the subject. Using video instruction, supporting reading materials and interactive discussions on forums and using YouTube, students can review the material and learn at their own pace.
The courses are designed to help students learn the material quickly and effectively. For more information about class availability, go to coursera.org/#courses.