Activision announced today that the Playstation 3 players of “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” should expect to be prompted to download a new title update for the game the next time they start up the popular first-person shooter. The April 30 update adds a new game mode titled, Arms Race Team Deathmatch. In a Arms Race match, players will have a limited time to score as many kills as possible.
Additional changes made to “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” with today’s patch include fixes to exploits that gave players infinite ammo, targets will now take full damage from crossbow bolts, and additional features to assist color-blind gamers among other fixes. See below to read the full list of patch notes.
- Added a limited time game mode to the Bonus Playlist, the Arms Race Team Deathmatch variant awards players 150 score per kill. Let the Scorestreak wars begin.
- Added a post-match Connection Quality survey which will be presented to a sampling of players to assess online gameplay connection quality.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where players could get infinite ammo for the Death Machine and War Machine.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players may not die when getting stuck with a Crossbow Bolt.
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where the Hunter Killer drones will float around slowly when they miss a target from a certain angle.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where the frame rate may drop for other players when the host changes their audio settings during a match.
- Players can now enter the crouched position while sprinting with the Riot Shield equipped.
- Care packages now appear in blue and orange on the map when Color Blind Assist is enabled.
- Resolved an issue where players and turrets could survive the water rush when in certain areas on Hydro.
- Resolved a UI issue with Tactical Insertion button prompt placement in Split Screen after a Host Migration.
- Resolved an inconsistency with Max Number of Players being displayed incorrectly when backing out of a Public Match search while it is searching.
- Addressed an issue with the Respawn Delay counter overlapping with other on-screen graphics in Split Screen.
- Addressed an issue with League Teams appearing incorrectly when they view another player’s League Team in the Leaderboards.
- Resolved an issue where other player’s Combat Records appeared greyed out the first time their Playercard was selected in the Leaderboards.
- Fixed a formatting issue in Leagues Season Final text where the date the player was placed was wrapping incorrectly.
- Overkill challenges will now progress if the player is using an alternate select fire mode.
- The upper metal plate of a planted Assault Shield now appears in the proper position during a Killcam.
- Addressed an issue with the Custom and Private Match change team scoreboard not updating in real time when the overlay is on screen.
- Addressed a rapid scrolling issue in the Preset Class Menu.
- Chopper Hunter Field Specialist challenge updated to Aircraft Hunter with a description that reflects the aircrafts that need to be destroyed to complete the challenge.
- Text displayed for “Enemies forfeiting…” increased on Split-Screen to make it more legible.
- Fixed an issue with the last player alive defusing the bomb in Search & Destroy not receiving any defuse points.
- Resolved an issue with signing in and out while a film in loading in Theater.
- The icon to distinguish a Search & Destroy bomb location is now visible to a Codcaster who is spectating the defending team.
- Addressed an issue where the second player of a Split Screen match would flicker in and out of the stream.
- Resolved an issue with attempting to sign into a Twitch account with Dual Play enabled.
- Fixed an issue in the Combat Record where the images would disappear when scrolling off of and on to the Combat Record.
- Fixed an issue in Offline System Link when the host leaves a lobby.
- Reverted global spawn influencer change from previous game update due to undesirable side effects.
“Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” is out now on the Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, and Nintendo’s Wii U. Tuesday’s title update is now live on the PS3 and will be coming to other platforms soon.
Follow the Console Game Examiner
Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Raptr | Google+