Tracy Morgan, known for spending eight seasons as a cast member of Saturday Night Live, said that he wants Washington to “get rid” of guns, PJ Media reported Monday.
“I mean, if we could get guns under control, if we could get rid of them, I’m with all of that,” he said when asked if he was disappointed that Congress has not passed Obama’s gun control proposals.
“I’ve had a lot of friends that have died violently from guns. Of course. I hope that wasn’t a booby trap question,” he added.
“Of course I want to get rid of guns. My father fought in the Vietnam War and he forbid us to have guns when he came home when we were little, so yes,” Morgan said.
Morgan made his comments at a Creative Coalition event preceding the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, The Blaze reported.
Creative Coalition describes itself as a non-profit group “organized by the creative community to learn about pressing issues so they can better inform the public and the nation.”
Morgan was not the only one to weigh in on the issue, PJ Media said.
“I grew up in Arizona. My first boyfriend was a hunter. I come from, like, lots of hunting in my life and I absolutely support the right to own a firearm,” said actress Kate Walsh.
“I just think that there needs to be background checks so that it’s a little more stringent and that people that shouldn’t be having guns, that are not mentally fit to have guns don’t have them and make access more difficult,” she added.
“Tim Daly, president of the Creative Coalition, said he is ‘hopeful that some kind of common sense will prevail and some kind of gun control would be put in place’ soon,” PJ Media said.
“No one’s taking away anyone’s constitutional rights,” Daly added. “You know, the First Amendment allows us freedom of speech. We can’t yell fire in a theater. We can’t defame people. All of these things, they’re not an open book. There’s modifications to all our constitutional rights and the Second Amendment should be no different.”
Video of the comments can be seen here.
- Actress Marg Helgenberger: ‘One can only hope’ NRA members are shot dead
- Legal immigrant on gun control: ‘Few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late’
- Missouri House passes bill blocking enforcement of future gun control laws
- Bill by Missouri GOP Rep. would make proposing gun control legislation a felony
- Missouri Democrats propose law giving gun owners 90 days to turn in weapons
- Minnesota Democrats pushing gun confiscation bill similar to Missouri’s
- Wisconsin Democrats circulate legislation to ban hunting ammunition
- Arkansas governor signs law allowing concealed guns in churches
- Iowa Democrat: Ban and confiscate semi-automatic guns
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
- Gun rights advocate: Obama said people shouldn’t be able to own guns
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.