Ladies and gents, and all those in between…..it’s that time of year again to tie those bibs on and head on down to the 4th annual Arizona BBQ festival on April 20th at the Salt River Fields. This year’s event includes over 25 pit masters doing what they do best….bar-b-que! Feast on tasty pork, chicken, brisket and/or ribs with all the fixin’s.
If stuffing you face with amazing smoked meat isn’t quite enough, other awesome festivities happening at the festival include:
- A flavored vodka tent – $20 admission includes 10 samples.
- A VIP yard – $60 in advance or $75 at the door, which includes admission into the festival and VIP area, food from the 5 VIP restaurants, and 6 drink tickets to use for cocktails, beer, wine, water, and soda.
- Cooking Demonstrations throughout the day by several local chef’s – included with price of general admission.
- A redneck games arena – sign up to be a contestant to win prizes in games such as beer pong, redneck horseshoes, watermelon seed spitting contest, hubcap hurling, and more! Click here for more details, descriptions and entry form. There are several contests to check out that you won’t want to miss being a part of.
- Live bands all day
- Kids zone
- Eating contests
- Daisy Duke pageant contest
- A bacon zone (I may just go for this)
- And more!
For those of you 21 and older, you are also invited to come along on their Redneck Bike Ride on April 6th around Old Town Scottsdale bars. Dress to the part with boots, mullets, flannels, whatever. There will be booze specials and prizes at each stop. Bar hopping will commence at noon at Coach House. Details can be found here.
Location: Salt River Fields at Talking Stick 7555 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Time: 11am – 9pm
Cost: GENERAL ADMISSION: $12; VIP: $60 online ($75 at the gate); VODKA TASTING TENT: $20; KIDS 12 & UNDER: FREE